Primevigilance Corporate Social Responsibility Statement
Our aim is to be the leading dedicated pharmacovigilance and medical information service provider in Europe. This will be evident from our wealth of expertise, the high quality and cost effectiveness of our services and our passion for our work. Our aim is to help promote patient and product safety by enabling our customers to perform effective drug safety surveillance and medical information activities that are compliant with regulatory requirements.
We are convinced that our company can have a positive impact on society. Our CSR policies have been developed directly in line with our company values and are integral to our strategy: we place a great emphasis on the importance of implementing these policies. We recognise that, because of our rapid growth and development, some parts of our policies are evolving and show the future direction that PrimeVigilance will take: we will strive to improve accordingly.
PrimeVigilance Corporate Social Responsibility Statement
PrimeVigilance recognises that its activities and operations have a societal impact and we place a high emphasis on our social responsibilities. We have in place extensive policies on Corporate Social Responsibility covering relevant areas. These policies are published on our internal company internet portal and are briefly outlined below. At the present time, whilst some policies are fully implemented, other policies, or some elements within polices, are aspirational and we will work towards achieving them. Working groups within the company, including employees from all levels, are dedicated to implementing these policies.
CSR policies cover these broad topics:
- Customers and stakeholders: we enter into professional, responsible and cordial relationships with our customers, suppliers, regulators and competitors. Our CSR policy describes the manner in which we interact with our customers, including how we make proposals and charge for our services in a fair, ethical and transparent way and show due accountability for our actions. Our behaviour is strongly focused on the needs of our customers and their satisfaction is of great importance to us. We deal fairly with our suppliers and competitors.
- Communications: we encourage effective, professional, open and honest communication at all levels internally and with our customers. In the CSR policy, we emphasise the importance of good communication within and between departments in the company and with the Board and the mechanisms for achieving this are described. The policy also covers the need for excellent communication with our customers and the concepts of how this can be achieved.
- The workplace: we provide a well-maintained comfortable working environment. The physical environment in our offices is described in our CSR policy, but this also covers the social environment which is supportive and collegial such that each employee feels respected and able to give their best.
- Employee relations: our employees are of paramount importance to our success: recruitment is based on merit and suitability and all are treated with equal openness, honesty and respect in a dynamic environment that fosters development, excellence and a sense of personal value. The CSR policy explains how this is to be achieved, including the principles of: recruitment, terms of employment, job descriptions, hours of work, availability of resources, leave, reporting structure, appraisals, bullying, whistle-blowing and grievance management, personal crisis support, team-building and the need for an open, non-blaming culture. The policy covers our valuing of diversity, all employees being treated equally at all levels within the company regardless of religious belief, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation: recruitment does not discriminate based on physical or mental fitness or on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, religious belief or ethnicity. It also explains the need for professional development and how this can be encouraged and for recognising and rewarding talent and the importance of promoting health, well-being and safety for employees.
- Community: we have a responsibility towards the local communities where we are located, as well as to a wider professional community within the fields of pharmacovigilance and medical information. Thus, our CSR policy describes how we aim to inspire talent by offering Graduate placements through local universities, as well as supporting local initiatives for improving and protecting the natural environment and helping relevant local charities and social initiatives. We encourage the sharing of our experience and expertise by voluntarily presenting and teaching at pharmacovigilance conferences and symposia, engaging with relevant professional societies other forums and contributing when possible to research and educational programmes aimed at improving the scientific basis and application of pharmacovigilance.
- The environment: we endeavour to minimise any negative effect that we may have on our environment. Our policy is aimed at preventing waste, reducing consumption and avoiding unnecessary harm and describes how we encourage employees to reduce energy consumption and waste of natural resources, re-use and recycle as much as possible, disposing of waste responsibly. We promote awareness within the company of our effects on the environment and we adopt simple, environmentally friendly initiatives, helping raise awareness among our stakeholders and in the wider community.