Proposals & Contracts Manager – Guildford, UK.
The Proposals and Contracts Manager will be responsible for:
- Overall coordination for the proposal development process for all Requests for Information (RFIs) or Requests for Proposals (RFPs) received by PrimeVigilance
- Review fully the RFI/RFP requirements received from clients, communicate to the team, lead strategy calls and develop detailed strategy responses, working closely with Business Development, Operations teams and Finance.
- Lead and coordinate content gathering and activities of subject matter experts within PrimeVigilance and other outside vendors (if applicable).
- Prepare proposal text and develop detailed project budgets, customising all documents to accurately reflect services to be provided.
- Develop budgets that accurately reflect the scope of work as described within an RFP and presented in final proposal to the customer.
- Perform quality contract edits on all documents and budgets.
- Oversee the finalisation of documents, to be submitted to the customer, ensuring the highest quality standards and provide on or before the deadline date.
- Develop working relationships with customer contacts and responding to customer specific requirements.
- Conduct verbal or email follow-up with clients after the submission of proposals, as required.
- Proactively manage a workload that includes responsibility for multiple proposal assignments and other departmental tasks.
- Provision of monthly metrics or reports to senior management, and presentation to where necessary, for explanation of commercial performance and metrics for proposal turnover to contracts.
- Update the sales tracking database and save all final documents on the Business development portal.
- Be a self-motivator able to work as part of a team but also able to work independently under time pressure to meet tight deadlines. Must be able to manage workload and prioritize activities to ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Overall coordination of the contracts development process for all awarded projects.
- Key customer interface for assigned customers, providing account management, ensuring consistency in budget and contract approach, tracking agreed metrics, negotiating change orders and contract updates directly with customer and being escalation point to resolve any issues.
- Revise or develop the contracts, related budgets and scope of work, ensuring the scope of work is defined correctly and the budgets reflect this appropriately.
- Assist in the negotiation of legal contracting text i.e. Master services agreement with direction and support from Legal Counsel.
- Administer contracts and change orders ensuring compliance with company policies acting as focus point for all communication with legal, finance, and business team disciplines for resolution of contract issues.
- Liaise with Finance to monitor contract invoicing and investigate budget variances. Initiate and/or review proposed contract modifications and negotiate or refer to other internal departments for review as appropriate.
- Provide regular updates to senior management of the status of contract negotiations.
- Track contract renewal periods and proactively prepare budgets for future years of the contracts.
- Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in Life sciences, business management, law or finance
- Previous experience in proposals or contracts management is essential (minimum 3 years).
- Knowledge of the CRO industry, preferably of the Pharmacovigilance industry.
- Excellent standard of English language (native speaker ideally).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills.
- Strong analytical skills for understanding costing models.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Applications (word, excel).
- The Proposals and Contracts Manager will report directly to the Associate Director of Proposals & Contracts
- The Proposals and Contracts Manager will be office-based in Guildford, UK.
To apply, please send us a letter of introduction and your CV in English through the email application below.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information and to submit application, please contact email@example.com.